Saturday, September 17, 2011

My Mini Me started school!

This past Tuesday, September 13, my daughter began attending her first school.  Its an awesome child development center.  I trust the school and the employees there as my lil nephew went there and had a wonderful experience.  However, my heart broke when I dropped my Mini Me off for the first time and she clung to me for dear life.  Every day she would cry, and every day I would walk out those doors feeling like a horrible parent for allowing my child to endure the unknown. 
What makes me get through it all, is the fact that she is always smiling when I arrive to pick her up.

Day 1 - She was sitting on the Directors lap as another teacher was reading a story.  Upon seeing me she ran in my direction smiling.  Then, out of nowhere, she began crying.  Yeah she is a lil dramatic.

Day 2 - She was outside in the play area just standing around.  Not doing much but raking everything in while the other children played.

Day 3 - She was outside in the play area.  But this time she was actually playing and enjoying herself.  She was running around until she got a glimpse of me.  I think children have an automatic sensor that informs them of their parents presence.  I wanted to see how she engage in play with the other students.

Day 4 - She was in class standing near her teacher while the other students were sitting on a rug.

I am getting better with leaving her at school.  It still triggers a ping of hurt knowing she doesnt want to be there.  However, as I mentioned earlier, her smiling face upon my entrance into her classroom makes it all worthwhile.

No comments: