Sunday, December 19, 2010

I'm making this tomorrow.

I found this recipe on a forum I frequent and I cant wait to make this dish!

ITALIAN CHICKEN WITH CREAM SAUCE

This chicken dish is rich, creamy, and very tasty. The chicken is cooked in the crockpot in a mixture of water and Italian salad dressing mix. The cream sauce consists of cream cheese, cream of chicken soup and mushrooms. It's delicious served over fettuccine with a garden salad on the side.

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
1/2 cup water
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened (I use reduced-fat)1 can (10 1/2 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted (I use the 98% fat-free kind)
1 (4 oz.) can mushrooms, drained
16 oz. fettuccine, cooked and drained

Place the chicken in the crockpot. Mix the salad dressing mix with the water and pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for about 3 hours. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and soup until blended. Stir in the mushrooms and pour mixture over the chicken. Cook about 1 hour longer. Serve over the cooked fettuccine.

***I prefer using fresh mushroom, and I like to spice it up a bit by adding diced onion, green and red bell pepper and drained diced fire-roasted tomatoes. It tastes even better the next day!


I cant wait!! 

No comments: